Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year

I am walking into this new year and greeting it like a new lover.  
I am nervous, a little apprehensive, and so excited.
 
My fingers are trembling upon the buttons of my shirt.  
I want you to see me, to touch me, to start.  
I don’t know what you will think when you see me, but I want you to see me.  
I want to see you.  
I want to explore you and get to know your intimate depths.  
I want to roll with you, grow with you, learn with you.  
Take me on a wild adventure with you.  
Show me things I have never seen and I will do things I have never done.  

May I find kindness in you.  
And peace.  
Happiness that explodes from my soul.  

And when we are done, may I realize that it was in me all along- you just helped me discover it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment