Monday, December 7, 2015

maybe, a poem of wishing

you are slow to speak
careful, precise
your words are measured where mine are hasty


you are now and disdain the future
and the wait
I am frozen
the future is all I have


you are like a soft breeze in a meadow
gently lifting up the flowers as you pass


I am like a puppy
running headlong into the meadow to soak up all of it’s splendor
I don’t see the mistakes I make in my haste
the flowers I trample


I just want to be happy right now


you are slow
and patient
and warm


but maybe I’m wrong
maybe you are the dragon
and your warm summer breeze is fire and death
maybe the path you leave is scorched
and people quake when they know you approach


maybe I am just a bird
trying to fly higher
and closer to the sun


maybe the heat I feel will kill me

maybe I don’t care

No comments:

Post a Comment