Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Jigsaw Pieces

You and I were two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that never quite fit. You were the sky, and I was the earth. Always drawn to each other but never meant to touch. 

In our desire to be closer and fit better, we kept whittling away pieces of ourselves. And sometimes each other. Cutting and cutting the bits of ourselves that initially drew us together. Until we were merely shapeless prices, devoid of personality and sparkle, mostly fitting next to each other but never truly together. 

I miss you sometimes. Like the flower misses the sun. Like a tree blown by the wind, reaching ever upward but always failing to touch. 

I'm regrowing the pieces I cut off for you. It is so painful. I'm watching you regrow your pieces as well. Ultimately, my wish for you is to be whole. To find another bit of sparkling sky where you fit. Without having to cut away the bits of you that make you you. And I wish the same for me; to find a bit of fragrant earth with fertile ground where tangible things can grow and thrive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment